This is a charming project that works perfectly as either a rustic wedding favour, or as a nature or garden-themed children’s party favour.
You will need:
- sewing machine
- card for labels
- bulbs of your choice
- Cut two pieces of hessian 14cm x 14cm. Put the two pieces together and use a sewing machine to sew around three sides of the square, creating a ½ cm seam on each side.
- Turn inside-out and press the seams flat with an iron (or you can skip this step if you don’t mind a bulky look).
- Cut a 40cm length of twine and thread it onto a needle. Starting on the seam, and around 3cm down from the top opening, use running stitch to sew around the circumference of the bag.
- Cut a label (2cm x 8cm) from some nice card and use a holepunch to make a hole so that you can attach it to the twine. Modify for your own choice of spring bulbs and remember to put a little planting information on the label.
- Pop a couple of bulbs in the bag and pull the twine tight so that it gathers up. Tie off with a bow and you are all done!
Let’s Party: Unique Kids’ Birthday Party Ideas is published by Hardie Grant Books (£14.99).