Baby Showers are a wonderful way to celebrate the impending arrival of a precious little one. Here are a few tips to help you host an amazing baby shower!
- Decide what your budget is! You don’t have to go overboard in order to create a memorable shower. Choose a theme. but most importantly make it simple and elegant.
- Set a date, decide who will host, and decide if men and children will be welcome. Lots of mums-to-be now invite their wider family and friends, but you could always keep it girly!
- Choose the menu as well as drinks you would like served. While you should probably stay off, a glass of wine for your guests always goes down well. Keep the decor simple and use succulents as centrepieces they add that special touch. Hosting in a restaurant is becoming a popular choice, or perhaps one of your friends is eager to host your special day!
- Games are always a welcome activity, and at this particular shower we played one that was not only fun but very creative: “How big is Mommy’s Belly?” Take a piece of wool thread and measure your belly according to what size you think the mother to be is!
- Gifts are the best part of the shower, and your guests will love to ooh and aah over all the cute little presents. Set a table at the front of the room where guests can set their gifts as they enter. Makes it easier for the mother to be to see everyone while opening her gifts. Other mummies will love to share tips and tricks for the new arrival at this point.
- Before they go, thank your guests with a little baby shower favour that will remind them of their afternoon celebrating with the mother-to-be and her precious new life that is about to begin.