We love the look of this rich and creamy hot chocolate with a generous dollop of whipped cream on top, perfect for chilly Autumn evenings.
- 100g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4tbsp rum
- a pinch of ground ginger, plus extra to sprinkle
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100-150ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Put the chocolate pieces in a heavy-based pan with the rum, ground ginger and milk. Place over a low heat to melt the chocolate slowly then gradually bring to the boil, whisking all the time until the mixture is smooth.
- Whip the double cream in a bowl with the icing sugar until just thick.
- Divide the hot chocolate among four glasses. then top with the double cream and a sprinkle of ground ginger
Chocolate Fit for a Queen by Historic Royal Palaces is published by Ebury Press £10
Available to buy from Amazon