Cheese and bacon potato skins are so versatile and are super simple to make. Whether you plan to serve them as a starter, part of your main meal, or as a party snack, kids and grown-ups alike will love them! They are also easy to tweak to your and your guests tastes – vegetarian? just leave out the bacon and switch the Parmesan for a vegetarian hard cheese!
Cheese & Bacon Potato Skins
- 15 baby new potatoes
- 120g Camembert cheese, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar
- 2 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Boil potatoes until just tender; drain and cool
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon until crispy, leave to cool on some kitchen towel
- Cut the potatoes in half, then use a melon baller or teaspoon to scoop out most of the potato flesh. Mash the flesh and put aside.
- Cut the bases of potatoes so they sit flat and place on a lightly oiled oven tray.
- Mix the mashed potato flesh, Camembert, Parmesan, bacon, sage and breadcrumbs together. Spoon mixture into the potato halves and sprinkle the cheddar on top.
- Bake at 180°C for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with dill to garnish