Wondering how to use the cute white rabbit plate and carrot napkins on the Party Pieces website? Why not bake my delicious Bunny Carrot Cakes!
For the cupcakes:
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 175ml sunflower oil
- 200g light muscavado sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 200g carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 60g walnuts, chopped
- 50g desiccated coconut
For the frosting:
- 200g full – fat cream cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime, juice of ½ lime
For the decoration:
- Food colour paste (green and orange)
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 300g white sugar paste
- Small rabbit cutter and a pot of dragees
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line 2 cupcakes trays with paper cases.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In another bowl beat the oil and sugar, add the eggs and beat well. Stir in the remaining ingredients and the flour mixture.
- Divide between the cases, bake for 18-20 minutes, then cool.
- Mix the cream cheese and zest, sift in the icing sugar, beat well, add the lime juice, then spread on the cupcakes.
- Mix green colour paste with water, toss through the coconut and leave on a tray to dry, then sprinkle on the cakes.
- To make the rabbits, roll out the white sugar paste using icing sugar to dust your worktop. Using a rabbit shaped cutter cut out the rabbits using dragees for eyes. Leave to dry overnight.
- Make tiny carrots by colouring a little sugar paste orange and green. Keep separate, mould into little carrot shapes and indent with lines down each carrot. Create the carrot tops with the green sugar paste.