I found these pretty pink napkins, rose gold straws and confetti on the Party Pieces website and thought they would be the perfect accompaniment for my delicious heart shaped cookies – perfect for any girlie gathering (great for a hen party of course!) And best of all, the recipe only calls for a few tablespoons of prosecco so there is plenty left to share around. Cheers!
Makes 30 “sandwiches”
For the Biscuits
- 220g unsalted butter, softened, in pieces
- 80g icing sugar, sifted
- 220g plain flour, sifted, plus more to dust
- 100g ground almonds
For the filling
- 100g unsalted butter, softened, in pieces
- 150g icing sugar, sifted, plus more for dusting
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp prosecco
- Pink food colouring paste
- 5tbsp Raspberry jam
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- To make the biscuits, place butter and icing sugar in the bowl of a food mixer (or use a large bowl and a hand-held electric whisk), and cream together well.
- Add flour and ground almonds gradually, mixing between each addition, until the dough binds together. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Lightly flour a work top and roll out the dough to around 4mm thick. Use the heart-shaped cutter, cut out the biscuits, close together then re-roll and continue until all the dough is used (I cut 60).
- At this point, you can freeze the cut-out biscuits, (remembering of course) to defrost thoroughly when ready to bake.
- Place the biscuits on the lined baking trays and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool completely on the baking trays.
- The unfilled hearts will keep well for a few days in an airtight container, but of course, are at their best freshly baked.
- The buttercream is made by creaming together the butter, icing sugar and vanilla for 4-5 minutes until pale and creamy. Gradually drizzle in the prosecco and a dab of pink food colouring.
- When ready to serve, lay out all 60 biscuits upside down in front of you. Spread 30 with a thin layer of raspberry jam and pipe or spread the other 30 biscuits with the buttercream.
- Sandwich together and dust with a sprinkling of icing sugar.