What could be better than gooey, chewy chocolate chip cookies? Chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter thrown in the mix of course! Check out this delicious recipe from Christina Lane.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Need a quick batch of cookies? Makes 1 dozen cookies.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks (or chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together with an electric mixer on medium speed the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar. Beat until thoroughly blended and lightly fluffy, about 40 seconds.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt evenly over the dough.
- Beat until just combined.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press the dough flat in the bowl and roughly divide it in quarters by eye (you can also lightly score it with a knife).
- Make 3 dough balls out of each quarter of dough (for a total of 12 cookies).
- Roll the dough balls lightly in your hands and then place them on the baking sheet, evenly spaced.
- Bake for 11 minutes. The edges will start to brown, but the centers will still appear soft.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Dessert for Two; Sweet & Simple – Christina Lane Published 21st March by Countryman Press £21.99. Twitter – @dessertfortwo/@wwnortonUK, Instagram – Dessert for Two