It’s often difficult to find something that’s both filling and quick to make but this one pot pasta dish is just that. Comforting and filled with flavour, this smoked ham and pumpkin pasta is perfect as an evening meal for the whole family – the left overs would make a great office lunch too!
Smoked Ham & Pumpkin One Pot Pasta Recipe
- 250 g (9 oz) penne
- 200 g (7 oz) smoked cured ham, thinly sliced
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) pumpkin (squash), peeled and diced
- 12 sage leaves
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 25 g (¾ oz) butter
- 2 pinches of nutmeg
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 750 ml (25 fl oz) water
- Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan in the order listed. Cook for approximately 15 minutes over a medium heat, stirring regularly.
- About 2 cm (¾ in) of cooking liquid should remain at the end.
Extracts taken from One Pot Pasta by SABRINA FAUDA-RÔLE (Hardie Grant £7.99 RRP) Photography by Akiko Ida