Although this delicious creation isn’t specifically for Halloween, it lends itself perfectly to the occasion especially when styled like this! So if you’re looking for a Halloween dessert recipe look no further…
Although you can get them all year round, I always used to get (and still do) a Terry’s Chocolate Orange in my stocking and I don’t think I would ever eat one at any other time of the year, as I associate them with Christmas. However, when incorporated into a cheesecake, I’m willing to break the rules. The flavour of this cheesecake is mouthwateringly good, it also needs no baking and I really enjoy breaking up the segments and decorating it. One for me, one for the cheesecake…
Chocolate Orange Cheesecake Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Setting time: at least 2 hours
You will need a 21cm round loose-bottomed cake tin
- 300g double chocolate cookies
- 100g butter, melted
- zest of 2 oranges
- 250g full-fat cream cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- 200g Terry’s Chocolate Orange, plus extra ‘slices’ for decorating
- 150g double cream
- Crush the biscuits to crumbs. Mix in the melted butter and zest of 1 orange until well combined, then press into the bottom of the tin.
- Mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt the 200g of Chocolate Orange in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water. Once melted, quickly whip the cream in a bowl until it forms soft peaks, then add the melted chocolate and cream cheese mixture. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and smooth out. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, decorate with the remaining Chocolate Orange slices and orange zest.
Cake decorations and accessories! Although cheesecake isn’t as easily decorated as other, more solid cakes, you can still find a bunch of great items that make it look almost as good as it tastes!
Take a look at our current range to find everything from cute cake toppers to sparkle-spitting cake fountains that turn the cake into a showstopping masterpiece!
published by Michael Joseph, £16.99
Available from Amazon