This sweet recipe from Organix will go down a treat with your little ones, for breakfast, lunch or tea. These are great warm with fruit, yogurt, maple syrup, chocolate spread or even ice cream. This recipe will make 12 pancakes; perfect for serving in a pile to the kids after a sleepover party.
Vanilla and Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
- 100ml organic milk
- 75g organic plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 250g ricotta
- 2 organic eggs (separated)
- Few drops of organic vanilla extract
- 1 organic mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons organic vegetable oil
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Add the mashed banana and ricotta to the egg yolks.
- Gradually sift in the flour and the baking powder to the banana mixture, whisk until the batter is smooth. Whisk the egg whites until stiff then gently fold into the mixture. Heat pan until hot then add a drizzle of oil. Drop in spoonfuls of the batter four at a time, flip over until cooked through.
- Serve warm with a dollop of yoghurt and some fresh fruit.