What a quite perfect and very personal gift these will make for your best friend’s baby shower. Wrap your selection of cute baby-themed cookies in an attractive presentation tin or box lined with tissue paper and tie it with beautiful matching satin ribbon.
Baby Shower Cookies Recipe
For 8 vanilla cookies
- 8 vanilla cookies in the shapes of a baby’s bottle, a baby grow and a rattle.
- 300g royal icing
- food colours (baby blue, pink, yellow)
- small palette knife
- paper piping bags
First prepare your colours and piping bags. You will need 1 bag of soft-peak icing in each colour, 2 piping bags of runny white, 1 runny blue icing and 1 small bag of runny yellow icing.
To make the Baby’s bottle:
- Using white soft-peak icing, pipe the outline for the bottle.
- Using blue soft-peak icing, pipe the outline for the top in blue.
- Using yellow soft-peak icing, pipe the outline for the dummy. Let dry.
To make the Baby sleep suit:
- Using white soft-peak icing, pipe the outlines for sleep suit.
- Using blue runny icing fill in the centres.
- While that is still wet, use white runny icing to pipe small dots over the baby sleep suit.
- Finish by repeating the outline and piping some details of the suit.
To make the Rattle:
- Follow the same procedure as for the baby sleep-suit, piping the outline first, then fill in the centers and pipe the dots for the bow. Finish by repeating the outlines and details of the bow.
Recipe taken from Pretty Party Cakes by Peggy Porschen, Quadrille Publishing Ltd, 2006.