Want to create something special for your loved one this Valentine’s Day but fed up with the typical Rose? Why not make your own alternative handtied bouquet? Nothing looks more effective than a bouquet using simply one single type of bloom.
What you’ll need:
All you will need is scissors, string, ribbon, your chosen flowers and greenery – Rosemary, Pittosporum or Ruscus work particularly well. Alternative ideas to try could be Tulips – so striking and symbolic of true love, Daffodils – bright and cheerful and a great nod to Spring or Freesias – fragrant, dainty and long lasting.
- Firstly take your flowers and clear them of any excess leaves, do the same with your greenery and lay this out on a flat surface.
- Make sure the bottom of the foliage has all been stripped and snip the bottom of each bloom at a diagonal.
- Next take your first flower and hold this in one hand, with your other hand, take your next flower or foliage and place this at an angle over the bloom so that the stems are criss-crossing, twist the bouquet with the other hand and repeat the process – Mix in foliage and blooms to ensure even distribution.
- Once you have placed all your flowers in your bouquet secure tightly with string and use your ribbon to tie a bow for decoration.
- You can finish your bouquet by placing in one of our fab jars and now your hand tied is ready to give to that special someone!
Happy Valentine’s Day 🙂