This interesting twist on a classic party snack solves the salty v. sweet dilemma once and for all; why not have both?! We reckon it’ll go down a cracker around the bonfire on 5th November or try it in cartons at your Halloween Horror Movie Night…
Bacon & Maple Syrup Popcorn Recipe
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 400g thick-cut bacon
- 50g plain cooked popcorn
- 180ml maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a frying pan, heat the oil. Add the bacon, fry until crisp and place on some kitchen paper to remove any excess oil. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/gas mark 3.
- Crumble the bacon and stir into the popcorn along with the reserved fat, syrup, salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the mixture out in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
GIRLS’ NIGHT IN by HANNAH READ-BALDREY, published by Quadrille (£16.99)