It’s that time of year when there’s always an excuse for fireworks; whether it’s bonfire night, Christmas or New Year. Our friends at Hats & Bells have shared their crunchy and creative catherine wheel recipe; a perfect treat for family fireworks!
Chocolate and Honeycomb Catherine Wheels Recipe
- 250g Butter
- 200g Crunchie Bars
- 250g Good quality dark chocolate
- 250g Digestive Biscuits
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Jelly Beans
- Strawberry Laces
- Sprinkles and edible glitter
- Icing pen
- Crush Biscuits and Crunchies into small chunks.
- Melt butter and chocolate over a low heat, stirring occasionally. Once melted, leave to cool.
- Beat the egg and the sugar together.
- Add the egg mixture to the melted chocolate and then stir in the biscuits and crushed honeycomb, ensuring everything is coated in chocolate
- Using your hands, mould a tablespoon of mixture into a ball and then flatten the top, creating a thick disc shape. Lay onto a baking sheet or other flat surface.
- Using an icing pen, decorate with Jelly Beans, Strawberry laces and finish with some edible glitter.
Recipe from Hats & Bells