These sweet little penguins make for a lovely little stocking filler or as an ornament to hang on a Christmas tree.
You will need:
- penguin template
- black and grey 2cm felt balls
- white felt
- orange or yellow felt
- black thread
- 8mm black seed beads (or you could use black embroidery thread to do a French knot for each eye)
- hot glue gun
- Print template and cut out the shapes.
- Pin the shapes to the felt and cut around them.
- Sew two seed beads onto the white felt for eyes. For the under-threes, you could use black embroidery thread to sew two French knots as eyes. Make sure you leave enough room for the beak.
- Use a hot glue gun to stick the white felt to the felt ball.
- Now glue the feet to the penguin.
- If you want to hang the penguins from your Christmas tree, simply sew a loop of embroidery thread through the top of the penguin.
Martine’s book, Let’s Party: Unique Kids’ Birthday Party Ideas, is published by Hardie Grant Books (£14.99).