Our latest ‘Your Party’ submission is Susan’s modern safari themed baby shower which she threw for a close friend. Here’s what Susan had to say about the shower…
October 18th I hosted and styled a baby shower for my very dear friend Rachel Pierce who also happens to be our local morning news anchor for NBC2 in Southwest Florida. Rachel has 2 adorable little girls so helping to plan a baby shower for the new addition to be Rory Thomas was both fun and exciting. Rachel chose a Modern Safari theme and chose the colours of mustard yellow, grey and pops of navy blue so I started planning in September and I took her vision and ran with it.
With the help of my amazing and creative friend Michelle we made beautiful silk flower centerpieces in blues and yellows. I found an adorable elephant at one of our local stores Michelle spray painted it a perfect Grey and added a colourful yellow chevron ribbon to give it that special touch. We added some pretty yellow ribbon to our cake plates and it added the perfect touch to our sweet table presentation. This was such a memorable shower not only for me but for the Mother-To-Be and our guests.
Rory Thomas Pierce made his arrival on Thursday, November 26th which happened to be Thanksgiving Day in the United States. He arrived at 10:55 Am, 9 pounds 2 ounces, 21.5 inches
healthy and perfect!
Best and Worst Thing About the Party
The best part for me in planning Rory’s shower was the blessing of friendship I have with his Mom she is just an inspiration. The worst thing if there really is such a thing is not going over budget as everything can be so cute and you want to keep adding more. Here are some great tips to help you plan and host an amazing Baby Shower.
- Ask the Mother-To-Be what her preferences or vision of a theme is because the theme is what starts it all and is ultimately what you work and budget around. It can be incorporated around the nursery and you can also choose a specific topic such the Modern Safari one we did.
- If the Mother-To-Be has family and friends that do not live close by or are out of state you need to pick not only a time but a geographical location that will allow everyone to attend but also travel safely including the Mother-To-Be.
- Along with the Mother-To-Be determine what the budget will be and stick to that. You can give an amazing shower without breaking the bank and here is how
- Consider using your own fine china.
- Invitations should be centered and focused around your theme, you can make your own, use evite, or have some custom made to fit your budget and still have beautiful invitations. We had ours custom made by the phenomenal Twinkle Twinkle Little Party matched our vision and theme perfectly.
- Centerpieces can be made by using beautiful silk flowers or fresh in a mason jar with some coordinating ribbon to add that special touch.
- If you’re hosting a luncheon, your guests will expect to be served a meal. If you are having the shower at a later time in the afternoon, you can do something as simple as appetizers or an afternoon tea.
- Games are a great way to celebrate the Mother-To-Be and what you know about her. Some fun suggestions for you are: Guess the Baby Food Jar, Shower Gift Bingo, Baby Pool, How well do you know the Mother-To-Be
- Baby Gifts are the things we all go ahh over and look forward to with anticipation to see what the next one might be. When shopping for gifts consider giving something other then the practical or necessary item. Giving something fun or something one might not buy for themselves makes the gift more personal and thoughtful.
- Party Favors are a special way of thanking your guests for coming so you want to choose things that are not only memorable of the occasion but also can be used or will make your guests remember the special day shared with friends and family. Here are a few ideas that we did: Mini Mason Jars filled with colored candy Almonds, Little Paper Baby Shoes filled with Sixlets, Lollipops with the Childs Name on it, Quotes Baking Measuring Spoons
- RSVP this is something that is very important but also proper etiquette as it needs to be done in order to allow your host to be able to plan accordingly. There is no reason one cannot extend the host the courtesy of knowing if you plan on attending
By following all these Ideas, you will give a beautiful shower one that the Mother-To-Be and her Family will cherish forever. Happy Planning for every Child is a Gift and Blessing!
Products and Companies Used
Rory Banner made by Sweet Georgia Sweet
Elephant Cake Pops by Sparkling Sweets Boutique
Cupcakes and Yellow and Blue Cake Pops by 1st Place Cakes
Elephant Cookies by Sugar Mama by Kim
Chocolate Covered Oreo’s by Kimas Konfections
Baby Shoes made by A Precious Memory Designs
Photography by Photocreations By Deb
Want to submit your party? Just head to our Your Party page where you can submit all your lovely images, tips and ideas!