It’s the tennis season so lift spirits with this light fruity punch. The cordial base is made with lightly poached, pureed strawberries in a lemon sugar syrup. For drivers or children simply top up the cordial with sparkling water, tonic or lemonade.
Iced Strawberry Punch Recipe
(makes 10, 150ml glasses)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: 4 hours or overnight
- 450g (1 lb) strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 75g (3 oz) caster sugar
- Grated rind and juice 1 lemon
- A few ice cubes
- 75cl dry white wine, chilled
- 1 sliced lemon
- 200g (7oz) fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 litre (1.75 pint) sparkling mineral or tonic water, chilled
Add strawberries or herb flowers, even tiny pansy flowers to sections of an ice cube tray then top up with water and freeze. Pop out of tray and add to punch just before serving.
- Crush the strawberries in the bottom of a saucepan with a potato masher. Add the sugar, lemon rind and juice and heat gently for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Leave to cool. Mash once more then strain into a bottle or jam jar and chill overnight.
- Pour the chilled strawberry syrup into the base of a punch bowl, add some ice then the chilled white wine, sliced lemons and sliced strawberries. Mix together then top up with sparkling mineral or tonic water and serve immediately.
Recipes on behalf of www.seasonalberries.co.uk