This week’s extract from Martine Lleonart’s new book ‘Let’s Party’ is these adorable Popsicle Stick Fairies! These sweet decorations also make a fun party activity and can be taken home by guests as party favours.
You will need:
- paper doilies
- popsicle sticks
- origami paper
- coloured matchsticks (from craft or office supplies stores)
- glue sticks
- coloured pencils
- Have the components of this activity ready to go.
- Cut paper doilies into quarters to use as wings, cut circles for fairy faces, glue popsicle sticks into triangles and cut triangles of pretty origami paper for dresses.
- Supply coloured matchsticks for legs and pencils to draw the faces.
- Let the children pick and choose from the materials to make their fairy.
Let’s Party by Martine Lleonart (Hardie Grant £14.99) Photography: Lauren Bamford