This easy tutorial will show you how to quickly make your own fairy wands using only a few materials. This is an ideal craft if you’re looking for last minute ideas for a fairy themed celebration but you can easily adapt them to suit other themes by changing the colour of the straws, ribbon and stars. For a superhero party you could use red and white paper straws, blue stars and metallic ribbon.
You Will Need
- Striped paper straws
- Assorted ribbons
- Coloured card
- Sticky tape
- Create two identical stars out of your coloured card, making sure they’re exactly the same size and shape.
- Using sticky tape, secure your paper straw onto the centre of the back of one of the stars. You only need about 2cm of the straw to be overlapping the star.
- Cut your ribbons to the desired length then stick them next to your straw on the back of the star with sticky tape.
- Glue around the edge of the back of the star and stick your second star on top with the coloured side facing outwards. This should clamp your straw and ribbons in place.
- Glue the tips of your star then sprinkle glitter of your choice. Shake any excess glitter off the star then you should be left with a sparkling fairy wand!
If you’re looking for craft supplies, we sourced our ribbon and glitter from Hobbycraft! If you’re on the hunt for ready-made wands for party bags or favours here’s a few from our website: