Just like everyone else, we’re loving the mermaid trend at the moment! These sparkly party bags are so easy to make and are perfect for complimenting any mermaid or ocean themed party! You can easily adapt them to suit your colour-scheme, purple and green or pastel shades would work just as well.
What You’ll Need
- An adult will need to do this first step as it’s a little fiddly and involves cutting. First you need to create your mermaid stencil. Print out a mermaid shape or draw your own mermaid design on card. Using a craft knife and cutting board or scissors cut around the shape leaving a mermaid shaped stencil.
- Place your stencil in the centre of the party bag and hold in position. Using a brush or spatula spread a thin layer of glue within the stencil space.
- Remove the stencil and sprinkle a generous layer of glitter on top of the mermaid-shaped glue. Shake off the excess glitter into the bin so you’re left with a sparkly mermaid!
- Next, embellish your party bag with pearls and sequins. We stuck one of the pearls on the mermaid’s tail then used the iridescent sequins and glitter to create bubbles above the mermaid.
- Using the blue pen, write your guests’ names in a swirling font on the bottom of the bag and surround with bubbles.
We hope you enjoy this party craft! If you give it a go we’d love to hear how you get on, just leave us a comment below 🙂