Note from the Editor: We’re thrilled to introduce our newest guest blogger Maggy Woodley from Red Ted Art – her craft ideas are such fun and promise to keep little hands busy!
We do love simple crafts that you can enjoy with the kids. Here is a great little craft for Easter (or any time of year really.. but particularly for Easter!!) use some left over party paper plates and turn them into these ADORABLE little Bunny and Chick purses. They are super quick and easy to make and will leave you wanting to make more and more and more!
- 2 Paper plates for the bunny, 1 Paper plate for the chick
- Wool or ribbon for the strap
- Paint & accessories such as feathers or felt
- Stapler (optional)
1) For the chick plate, you will need to paint it yellow first (or in any colour your wish!! Chick don’t HAVE to be yellow!).
2) Once dry… or if keeping plain white, cut your paper plate in half.
3) For the Bunny you will need to cut out some ears – you can see below how to make the most out of your plate to get some lovely big bunny ears. You can also use plain white card if your prefer.
4) Glue/staple or tape your ears in place. Glue will take a while to dry… so you may want to tape or staple.
5) Place your ribbon or wool, between your paper plates and now add lots of glue to keep the two sides together, as well as securing the ribbon in place. For the chick we stapled this. So you can see that both look nice! Stapling IS quicker… but glue may be easier for younger kids.
6) Paint on your details – we used paint for the ears, nose and cheeks and the pen for the black details. You can use pens only if you prefer… for the chick we glued on some feathers (you can draw them on or use card) as well as a little felt for the beak (again use card if your prefer) and drew on an eye!
The finished bunny purse:
The finished chick purse:
Aren’t they lovely?! The kids couldn’t decide who wanted which one.. so the great thing is…. We can make ANOTHER SET IN NO TIME as they are so quick and easy to make…. Lovely!
Enjoy our thrifty little Easter craft – we hope to see you again soon!